Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Mike's Spot On The Wall
  • A Bug In The Weather:
    I drove down to Calgary to visit Carol's folks and on the way... SNOW! Ok, several people in my church were praying for rain. Maybe we got carried away? I have driven in worse blizards but never at the begining of August.


Mike's Walk
  • Miracles And Stuff:
    Why doesn't God do more? It seems a natural question to ask God since He can do anything.
    His restraint seems to be more the mark of His character than outright miracles. Very fiew miracles in the Bible actually increased faith, so why should I think they would now?
    Maybe I just want to put on God my own failing for not being an accurate reflection of His son. It says "I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase." God seems to be more interested in creating Christlike character in me and using that to bring others to Himself than solving all the worlds problems with a wave of His hand:
    Maybe that's the real miracle.


No comments: