Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Mike's "The Will Of God" Continued...
  • The apostle Paul said "And so I will come to you full of joy, if it is God's will…" (Romans 15:32) and "If it is the Lord's will, I hope that I will be able to send Timothy…" (Philippians 2:19)

    If?? What's with this "If"?

    These verses seem to indicate that Paul did not know God's exact will for every circumstance and yet it is also clear that at times he knew exactly where God wanted him to go and what God wanted him to do (That night the Lord stood by Paul and said, "Don't be afraid! You have given your witness for me here in Jerusalem, and you must also do the same in Rome." (Acts 23:11))

    I believe God has a plan for us but He does not always make it clear where we are going because He wants us to trust Him and let Him drive the bus.

No comments: