Friday, August 09, 2002

Mike's Spot On The Wall
  • A New Appreciation For My Wife:
    For those of us who have a spouse it ranks as the most or, if you have surrendered to Christ, second most important relationship in our lives
    I was given new appreciation today of what that means
    One of my co-workers was talking about her divorce. They had been happily married for 14 years. They had purchased a brand new home only 3 years before. They had all the trappings of a good marriage. Then, seemingly out of the blue, he decided that he needed to "change his life". Everything had to go, his job, his home, and his wife. She was devastated by his betrayal and even after 7 years she said to me "I'll probably never really trust someone like that again"
    It was a good reminder that I have something precious and delicate in my relationship with my wife. Something to cherish, nurture, and grow. What awesome grace.
    Needless to say I bought Carol some flowers to remind her that she is the primary conduit through which I experience God's love for me and that every day I have with her is more precious than I can say.
Mike's Walk

No comments: