Friday, August 30, 2002

Bene Dection is searching for Candians who will still be known in 2252. Tim Horton gets my vote!

So while you're pondering Canadians with staying power, I'll point in another direction., size. Like the song by the Arrogant Worms says "Canada's Really Big"


We're the second largest country
On this planet Earth
And if Russia
Keeps on shrinking
Then soon we'll be first
(as long as we keep Quebec)

The USA has tanks
And Switzerland has banks
They can keep them, thanks
They just don't amount
'Cause when you get down to it
You find out what the truth is
It isn't what you do with it
It's the size that counts!


Well, the thought counts too. Consider "Big Things: Canada's Monuments" Like the Big Coke Can of Portage la Prairie. I admit, it is a very American icon, but it's red and white eh! Or that Big Magnet in Moncton, that pulls cars up the hill there. In Lethbridge, they know there's nothing finer than a wind gauge you can read from 500 meters, that's half a kilometer for the Americans in the crowd. The Lumberjacks of Herst Onatario are the stuff of legend! Though they would loose in a fight witth the Lumberjacks of Nackawic. And it just wouldn't be Canada with out a Moose or two. That first one is from Moose Jaw, my wife's home town. So when you think Canada, think Big!

-Peace

PS I know I saw someone posted the full Arrogant Worms song recently, but for the life of me I don't recall who. Any help?
Update: Thanks to Bene Diction for pointing out that it was right under my nose Brianna at petals on a wet, black bough had posted it.

No comments: