Thursday, June 02, 2005

Searching for the Joy - 8

De 16:15 - "Keep the feast to the Lord your God for seven days, in the place marked out by the Lord: because the blessing of the Lord your God will be on all the produce of your land and all the work of your hands, and you will have nothing but joy."

Why is this said four times in a row? The first (De 12:7) centered on thanksgiving because the Lord has blessed us (past). The second (De 12:18) expands the joy to everything we put our hand (work). The third (De 16:14) is inviting us to include everyone and expands the joy to our worship. The forth (De 16:15) is a promise that I read as, “Don’t forget me. Keep tithing, working, inviting. Keep the Lord’s supper and you will have nothing but joy (future)”

This is a big promise. Lord, help me do my part so I can know what “nothing but joy” feels like.

No comments: