Friday, June 17, 2005

Searching for the Joy - 16

1Sa 2:1 - “And Hannah, in prayer before the Lord, said, My heart is glad in the Lord, my horn is lifted up in the Lord: my mouth is open wide over my haters; because my joy is in your salvation.”

This is the beginning of a beautiful and awe inspiring prayer by Hannah. She doesn’t really even mention specifically what the Lord had done for her, praising the giver rather than the gift.

Sometimes I doubt God’s salvation. I know I shouldn’t but I do. Herein is the root of my struggle to find joy. If I knew the fullness of my salvation in Christ there would likely be no problem finding joy. 1 Pe2:2 it says “You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk,”

Lord give me the spiritual nuourishment I need so that I will know the joy that is in your salvation.

No comments: