Monday, September 09, 2002

Mike's Spot On The Wall
  • Mike The Plumber:
    "If the women can't find you handsome, at least they can find you handy" or so Red Green would have us believe. But what do you do if you're neither?
    It's a very good thing I found a woman to whom it didn't matter. She loved me in spite of my glaring inadequacies. (she's a bit like Jesus that way) So it should come as no surprise that my bathroom sink has been dripping constantly for 5 or 6 months.
    Finally I'd had enough. I screwed my courage to the sticking place and set out (with a good deal of encouragement from the aforesaid woman) to replace the sink.
    It took only three trips to the local Home Depot to get all the bits and pieces. It only took 4 hours or so to do the job. But it wasn't the difficulty that made this experience interesting. It worked. Yup, it worked and it looks good too. I had tried something I had never done before. I was fairly convinced that I would only botch it up but God blessed the work of my feeble hands and it worked. And I feel great.
Mike's Walk
  • Recovery:
    I'm still struggling with some of the "hang around" from last week. ("Hang around" is that thing sin likes to do to your neck after you've really messed up.) The enemy is using every weasel in the sack to get me to give up, give in, or give him an inch. I should recognize his voice by now but somehow it's still really hard to get up, dust myself off and trust the Lord for my salvation, my healing; His being perfect to make up for my imperfection; His suffering the rejection of God on the cross so I wouldn't have to; His stripes for my healing. So for the next week I'm going to be saying, whenever that serpent's voice hisses in my ear to remind me of all the failures in my life, "Yeah, but Jesus still kicked your butt on the cross, He kicked your friend Death's butt three days later and not only that but you're the one who's gonna burn, you rotten old snake."

No comments: