Monday, September 16, 2002

Mike's Spot On The Wall
  • I feel just like Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day:
    Some day's are like that even in Australia
    I just don't know where to start. I found out today that my aunt who I hadn't seen in 30 years is trying to swindle me out of my inheritance (or most of it). I didn't read the Ferengi print of the document giving her power of atourney.
    The property I was to get my portion of the sales of hadn't been evaluated since 1975. So my share would be about between 3 to 5 times what was quoted.
    She said she needed my signature (giving her power of atourney) in order to sell. This wasn't true. The will clearly states she could sell at any time but that my brother and I would have to get our share (25% each) The reason (and sadly the only reason I can think of) that she all of a sudden contacted me was she had a buyer on the line and she didn't want to give my brother and I half the money from the sale. She figured she could dupe us into signing a document selling her the power of atourney at a fraction of what we would really get.
    Since I already signed my document I won't be seeing a larger share, but it's the principle of the bloody thing. I am so angry that she would come out of nowhere just to rip me off.
Mike's Walk
  • I'm think I'm just going to sit here for a spell:
    I feel yucky. I don't know where I'm going, what I'm doing, what to hope for.
    Well Jesus this is a fine mess I've gotten us into. Would you kindly take me out.

No comments: