Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Mikes spot on the wall:

I should explain that I suppose.

One of the things we have been talking about in our Wednesday morning prayer meetings is the concept of being watchmen. We were all created different (God loves diversity) and so we all have a 'spot' on the wall of faith that is unique.

  • Remakes: We live in a world of remakes, but sometimes it's interesting to contrast the old with the new. This week I watched "The Three Musketeers" (1939) and "The Musketeer" (2001). Both these films are adaptations of the original story with a twist. The 1939 version is a musical comedy, yes really. Don Ameche and the Ritz brothers lampoon the popular tale in classic Ritz brothers style. The 2001 version is harkening to the Beijing Opera School complete with wire work and very fast martial arts. I liked them both, which makes me unusual cause no critic failed to pan "The Muskateer".

  • An overwhelming spirit: I go to the 5th largest college in Alberta and we don't have a chaplain. There is an odd similarity in belief among my coworkers, all of them believe in reincarnation and I am the only Christian in my department. The weekly bible study that one of the instructors is leading attracts only 3 people each week from the entire college. So in the midst of your busy prayer lives please cover NorQuest College.


Mikes Walk:

I have decided to talk about my experiences in my daily walk here as a means of accountability, to share my burdens, and hopefully to provide encouragement.


  • I'm getting encouragement from Philip Yancey's "The Jesus I never knew" and Dutch Sheets' "Intercessory Prayer". God is slowly ministering to me and reminding me of His amazing love . I'm still struggling with the evil one as he tries to convince me that my failures are greater than God's ability to make beauty from ashes.


I'm glad your comming home Dave.

No comments: