Thursday, August 24, 2006

Eugene Peterson on Spiritual Theology and the Laity.

An Interview with Eugene Peterson by Richard J. Foster.
RJF: Who is the primary audience for this book?

EP: Richard, as you know, I've written a lot of books for pastors trying to communicate this same message.

They've been well received, and people have given them the dignity of reading them. I can't complain.

But to tell you the truth, and I don't know if you're going to want to put this in your publication . . .

RJF: We'll make sure our readers see it.

EP: I've kind of given up on pastors, so I've deliberately not used any references to pastors or other leaders in this book. I have written this book for the lay person. They're in the forefront of what's going on in our churches, in our world, and I think if spiritual theology has a chance to make an impact in the Church, it's going to come mainly through the laity.
As seen on Ian's Messy Desk.

- Peace

No comments: