Friday, December 23, 2005

B.B. King Christmas

iTunes says I have 9.7 hours of Christmas music on file. It's an eclectic mix. Bruce Cockburn singing traditional Christmas songs from all over the world, One Bad Pig's Christmas Time from Swine Flew, Six pence None the Richer's cover of You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch from a radio sampler I was sent back in 96. It started out as a random collection but over the few years I've started looking out for unique Christmas music. I have six versions of Silent Night, got to have something to break that up.

I was in A&B Sound hoping to snag a last minute gift, no luck. While hunting I did stumble on B.B. King The Christmas Collection. I've always been attracted to the dark side of Christmas, so a collection of Christmas songs by a blues master just spoke to me. It's a great disk mixing classic blues and themes of Christmas both joyful and painful. B.B. King fits right in with the punk, techno, classical, metal, celtic and jazz that makes up my giant Christmas mix tape. May your Christmas have room for a little Lucille.

- Peace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wendy and I bought the same album this year and I like it. Tony Bennett is one perspective, B.B. King is another. Merry Christmas