Saturday, May 14, 2005

Improbable Ride Home

Friday about 6:30 pm, I was head south on 3rd Street, waiting to cross 6th ave on my bike. Half way between 6th and 7th ave there was a group of three women, late 20s early 30s, biz casual dress. One was trying to hail a cab, having passengers it passed her. She stepped out into the empty street and made big exaggerated waves to the cab next to me, but he turned onto sixth ave. So in the middle of the street with no more cabs to wave at she did a little arm waving dance. When she finished I clapped. She and her friends laughed. She then flashed me her breasts. I have no idea why. It wasn't the Red Mile and we don't have hockey play offs, it was 6:30pm, there isn't even a bar for a couple of blocks. That's all I have to say about that.

As I rode up out of Fish Creek there were some guys doing jumps beside the rode in an wild grassy area. One of the guys saw me and asks how I'm doing. I stop but just look at him. Turns out he was with a bunch of people who saw me get hit by a truck last year. So I told he I recovered ok and needed to work through some insurance stuff. I asked him what happened cause I still don't remember it and police were short on details. The guys was pulling a trailer and had extra wide mirrors and that's what hit me on the back of the head and sent me flying. After that they called 911. I thanked him for that and got his contact info.

That ride going on my list of most unique commutes, right after getting hit by the truck.

- Peace

No comments: