Tuesday, June 01, 2004

There is no try

From Matthew 25

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.

It dawned on me this week that there no quality given to each of these acts, no I was thirsty and you gave me something really good to drink, I was sick and you stopped to visit with just the right words. It's so easy not to do something cause we don't know how or feel that we're not good enough, and yet Love requires that we step up and reach out.

- Peace

2 comments:

kris said...

Very insightful observation. Hopefully that will stick with me the next time I start making excuses.

Michael said...

Yeah, doesn't leave us much room to negotiate does it.