Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fruits Basket

Mike has mentioned Fruits Basket here before, and he was kind enough to give me a copy. I finally got to see it, Sarah loaned it to a friend who loves anime before I got to watch it. Mike's talked about it in terms of kindness and grace,and I don't have much to add to that other than he's right. It represents our deep desire for Grace. I will add that I loved the animation it's self. It's very self aware of the anime tradition, and switches styles on the fly. It even pokes fun at it's own animation. At one point a character takes the symbol used to show anger off of one of the other characters, places it on himself and says 'there now I'm angry'. The great thing is how smoothly it's worked into the the script, by the time you catch the joke they've moved on. If you enjoy anime and I'd give Fruits Basket a watch.

- Peace

1 comment:

Michael said...

What would Toru do?

I've watched it again.
Sometimes I try to think what would Toru do?

Her gentle compasion leads me always to the author of compasion