Sunday, January 22, 2006

Rear-Ended!

Cracked Bumper

We were on our way to the Flickr meetup when they guy in front us made a quick stop. I made a much quicker stop than I normally do, but avoided hitting the guy. I looked in my rear view mirror to see a car coming way to fast. It hit our bumper on the right side. I think we're ok, and the damage looks minior, though it doesn't sound right when we drive it. What blew me away was the woman's additude.

She wasn't driving too fast, cause she had just checked as was only doing the limit before she hit us. [cause it doesn't matter what's in front of you as long as you're not speeding]

She wasn't following too close cause she did try to avoid us. [Well thanks, I guess I should be reassured she don't hit us at full speed]

She didn't expect traffic to be stopped on Macleod trail. [umm there is a traffic light there, it's been there for over a year]

It's ok cause her car was about to be written off anyways. [Gee thanks, mine wasn't]

She was deeply offended that I didn't see these excuses as an applogy. [Cause excepting responibility doesn't have anything to do with a real apology]

I was deeply blessed by the fish on her car.

- Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh joy.
Glad you weren't hurt.

Did you ask her about her fish and what it meant? That could have been er, interesting. BD

Dave King said...

Richard, I would have been ok with that. It was the, hey these things happen, just cause I hit you doesn't mean I wasn't driving safely. In her mind her driving was perfectly safe. Thus nothing to be forgiven.

- Peace