Monday, March 07, 2005

In Atlanta

I'm in Atlanta with work. I'll be here for a couple of weeks, then back home for a week and then here for most of April and May. This feels strangely familiar, I started IdeaJoy when I was working in Toronto, too much time in a hotel room not much to do, so I started to blog.

It's also familiar in that I have friends in Atlanta I haven't see face to face for sometime and I'm looking forward to seeing them. Seeing friends and relatives was the hightlight of my Toronto trip, made it bareable, would have gone crazy with out them.

I brought the bike, I plan to ride part of Silver Commet Trail and around Stone Mountain. Since I can't make it to CJUG I'll have to make do with AJUG. I'm doing my best to adjust.

Atlanta is at the south end of the Appalachian mountains, I grew up at the north. Like back home people in Atlanta give directions in terms of left and right. The prairie ideals of north south east and west just don't apply when the roads follow the contours of the land. It's a good thing I brought my gps, it's easy to get lost here.

- Peace

No comments: