Thursday, June 26, 2003

Ok one last thing, Last Saturday we got our copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and so far it's the best book yet. I'm only half way through, I've been reading it in secret. See I'm waiting for our daughters first "I'm bored!" statement on the trip before telling her we have the book. :) I expect much excited screaming when she get's her hands on it, and she'll be ticked that I'm a head of her. But I can't read and drive, even on the prairies.

I'm glad that J. K. Rowling has stoped the habit of retelling chunks of the previous story, just so folks who skiped previous books know what's going on. She still fills in the details, but does it in a way that's integrated into the nartive. So that almost 800 pages you've heard about? There's no filler.

- Peace

No comments: