Friday, July 07, 2006

The Commercial Returns

I saw Superman Returns a couple days ago.

My wife and I have a tradition at movies to make a prediction before the screen goes dark on how many commercials and previews they will show before the movie.

We were both WAY off.
23 Minutes.
Nearly 1/2 an hour of commercials and previews before a 154 min movie.

I mean REALLY! Don't we go to the movies to get away from commercials?

Was the movie good? Yes it was a worthy addition to the Superman franchise. They seemed to go out of their way to find actors who looked like Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder.

1 comment:

Richard said...

I've gotten into the habit of showing up 15 minutes late for movies so I don't have to watch commercials. But then I see that the seats are mostly taken which brings its own set of problems. If only other people were also less willing to sit through commercials.

Was Lois Lane just as annoying as ever? Never helping (unlike the Invisible Girl), always seeking out trouble (unlike Mary Jane Watson), completely useless (unlike Jean Grey).