Saturday, March 27, 2004

amazon4God? Who Links Amazon?

It dawned on me today that I have half a meg of info about how people in Who Links Who link to Amazon.com (and it's various national variants) and I thought I'd try an experiment, what are the top listed books / items on the minds of blogs4God's 1000 or so bloggers?

I counted the number of unique sites where the book was found, and here's what I found.

7 : Rick Warren: The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?

4 : adventures in missing the point
4 : The Emerging Church

3 : John Eldredge: Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul :
3 : A Cry of Stone
3 : Reclaiming God's Original Intent for the Church
3 : Joshua Harris: Not Even a Hint
3 : The Divine Conspiracy
3 : C. S. Lewis: The Screwtape Letters

After that it's a wack of 2s.

Right now I only work with URLs that match the 'ASIN/some number' patern somewhere in the URL. I know Amzon has some other formats, and I'll work on picking those up as well.

I plan on listing the source web sites in true WLW fasion. It would also be fun to pull more book info from Amazon and inclue that in the list.

So what do you think: Is this worth working on?

No comments: