Saturday, January 03, 2004

Over the next few day's I'll be reviewing the CD's I got for Christmas


MxPx - Before Everything and After, they've been around 10 years, doing their pop punk, They even say so [sing so?] in Play it Loud

We weren't the first but were holding our own,
10 long years ago those seeds were sewn

I guess they're feeling crowded by sound a like bands like Blink 182.

I put Before Everything and After on my wish list, cause I got hooked on Play It Loud while playing SSX 3. Also their Punk Rawk Show was one of the stand out track from X: 2003, a totally commercial CCM take on alternative music, by the way.

With Before Everything and After I got what I was expecting, a collection of feel good pop punk. Nothing deep enough to really stir the soul, but tons of loud sonic fun served with a smile. And yeah I like to play it loud.

- Peace

No comments: