Thursday, November 07, 2002

Mike's Spot On The Wall
  • Reading, birthdays, and music:
    I'm re-reading "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Philip Yancey. I like Philip's honesty as he wrestles with the same questions we never want to admit we ask.
    My family is having a mega-birthday bash this weekend. My mother, grandmother, and I are all November birthdays so we are going to have one giant hoot.
    The music club at my college is moving in some interesting directions. The Christian bunch of us are thinking of putting some modern praise and worship together after the Christmas break. I'm looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I played with other Christians.
Mike's Walk
  • The spirit enters a prayer meeting:
    On Wednesday morning our prayer group met at one of our members new place of work. Gary's new shop had yet to open for business (in fact the contractor had to let us in because Gary didn't have the keys yet). We gathered in a circle and placed our hands on Gary and his family as we prayed. Our prayers turned to singing and our singing turned to joyous fellowship. It was a great time.
    Thank you Jesus for being there and helping us pray and for giving us a glimpse of you.

    The verse that goes with it I found in Job of all places:
    Job 33:26
    "when they pray, God will answer; they will worship God with joy; God will set things right for them again."


No comments: