Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Mike's Spot On The Wall
  • Crazy Daze
    I haven't posted lately cause things have been nuts here.
    - I had to return the laptop I was using to my work, which means I have no home computer.
    - My sister in law up and decided to sell her condo that we helped them get into. Which means I had meetings with real estate people, phone calls, and other sundry interruptions.
    - The Christian based group that I volunteer with, Neighbourlink, is looking for a new board of directors. Which means more interruptions.
    - Vision Quest Music Group called and wants to do a professional verison of one of my songs. Which means something I'm sure. (I'll blog more on that as I find out more)
    - And finally my wife and I joined a local photography club. At our fist meeting as members Carol entered a few of her pictures in an open photography contest and won first prize against about 40 other entries, some of them by professionals.
Mike's Walk
  • Hope From James?
    Usually the last place I would think to look for encouragement when I'm not doing to great spiritually, I found these marvelous gems in James:
    James 1: 2-5
    1:2 Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy.
    1:3 For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
    1:4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.
    1:5 If you need wisdom - if you want to know what God wants you to do - ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking.

    Man, that sure hit me where I was that day.

    And James 4:8-10
    4:8 Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you hypocrites.
    4:9 Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy.
    4:10 When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.

    By the time I got here I was ready to do just what it said and He, good as His word, lifted me up.

No comments: