Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blur a 1800 KM

1800 KM blur
Hit the 1800 KM mark on the way home last night. Rode a good part of the way with a Chris who had just flew in from Paris and was biking to San Francisco. We started talking cause just after he passed me on a hill, he had stopped and pulled out a map, so I stopped and asked where he was headed. He had one bag and sleeping map, tent was in the bag. His path and my path home matched quite well so I guided him through the bike paths heading south, avoiding paths that are on the map, but washed out in the 2005 floods. Didn't get a picture of him, never seemed to be the right moment.

- Peace

5 comments:

Spawn of Elvis said...

So, he chose to start his bike trip in Calgary? Did he say why? It just seems kinda random.

Dave King said...

He had thought about doing the ride from Vancouver to SF, but thought the Calgary to SF route would provide more variation in terrain. Said he was was looking forward to riding in the desert.

- Peace

Anonymous said...

1800? You're catching up on me very quickly.

I'm currently at 1986 km. Your summer cycling conditions may well have you beat me soon.

Dave King said...

2000 KM, that's kinda on the low side for you isn't Rodney?

Anonymous said...

I am a little on the low side this year.

I'm looking forward to the end of September when the radio station moves across town. My round trip to work will change from around 13 km a day to around 40 km. Of course I need to do a bit more in the mean time.