Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Gospel According to St. Luke

Got this via email today.
On Friday, Bruce Kuhn will be presenting The Gospel According to St. Luke, a 90 minute version of Luke's story of Jesus. I wish I could tell you how powerful it is to hear the story of Jesus told "the way it was meant to be told." Bruce makes the story of Jesus (told exclusively in Luke's own words) come alive in a way that I have rarely seen. I know it can be hard to visualize if you've never heard him before – he doesn't "act out" the story, nor does he simply "recite" it – he "tells" it as the person who was there, who saw it all, and is now telling the story to others. I have not only seen Bruce live, but have had the privilege of attending a two-day workshop with him a few years ago.

I can assure you, you will not be disappointed if you come. Not only will you enjoy the performance, you will be caught by the story of Jesus and will see Jesus in a fresh way. Furthermore, even those who are relatively unfamiliar with the story of Jesus have found Bruce's performance very illuminating. Feel free to bring a friend, knowing that they will really enjoy it as well.

Friday, March 24, 2006
7:30 pm
Irish Cultural Centre
6452-35 Avenue NW

Tickets: 288-8393 or 451-8784
$12 Adult
$10 Senior/Student
I saw Bruce at Urbana 93 and he was amazing. Sarah Kim and I are going. The hall can hold just over 100 people and there are still tickets available. Well worth it if you don't have plans.

- Peace

No comments: