Monday, October 22, 2012

1700km and Winter Riding.

Spruce Meadows at 1700km
Hit the 1700km mark at the tail end of a ride on 22x.  While there was snow in the fields and sub zero temps, the roads where clear.  Today the streets are covered in snow, so winter riding is here.   I have a couple of 700 x 1.5 inch tires from our visit to Savary Island that I can use on my Lynskey, that should deal with the snow for now. 

The ride yesterday went well except for freezing my toes.  My bike shoes, shoe covers and warm socks were not enough.  Didn't get frost bite, but it was close.   Will have to figure out how to keep the toes warm.

To hit the 2000km mark by the end of Oct, I have ten days to do 300km while dealing with a week of winter.  Fun :)

Will post progress as it happen.

- Peace


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you can do it DAve.