Sunday, May 26, 2002

So it's been a long week, but I didn't want an entire week to go by with out an entry. A couple of articles ,from very different corners of the web, talking about how art can lead people to the scriptures. One from Salon is part of their Masterpiece series. This entry is on Jesus Christ Superstar.

I find it significant, that art is the one place where Christians can still be heard in the main stream. Even on Salon, a hot bed of secular fundamentalism. Don’t believe me? On Salon’s list of top 20 audio filesare links to two works well known Christians: TS Eliot and JRR Tolkien

From the other corner of the web, I found a great article in Cornerstone about Harry Potter. The article brings CS Lewis, JRR Tolkien and GK Chesterton to JK Rowling’s defense. The article is
Harry Potter vs. the Muggles, Myth, Magic & Joy, By Mike Hertenstein I love the line -- If you don't know who Harry Potter is, your modem must be really slow.

-Peace

No comments: