Saturday, August 10, 2002

Well it's been way too long since I last blogged. Dave got on my case last Sunday (first time we spoke in person in several months) and I told him I would post something soon. So here it is.

Lately I've been really into watching Emma, my nearly 7 month old. I find I'm more and more facinated with her and her behaviour. She is just starting to talk, so it seems. Lori (my wife) and I would like to believe that she is talking but maybe Emma is just making noises that sound like words. And even if she is saying real words I'm not sure if she realizes what she's saying.

Take today for example. I awoke this morning to find Lori and Emma hovering over me. The first thing Lori said to me was that Emma was asking, "Where's daddy"? Was she really asking this? I don't know. It could be possible because Thursday afternoon, with 2 other people at our place, Emma clearly said, "Hey, how's it goin' dad"? I don't know if this is for real or what but I can tell you one thing, I can't wait to be able to have a conversation with her. I can't wait to have her actually call my name, and to tell me that she loves me.

The most amazing thing about having a child is that it has completely changed the way I think about God. I'm finding every day that, by observing my own kid, my understading of how God is my father is made more clear. I can understand how He feels about me. That He loves me with everything He has. That He longs to converse with me. He wants to protect me, keep me safe from harm, and keep me from harming myself. And maybe more than anything my daddy longs to hear me say, "I love you".

No comments: